What is Cancer
Cancer is an abnormal growth of cell or group of cells of the body. Cancer is a complex group of diseases with many possible causes. If it is not destroyed or removed, it can lead to death.
Symptoms of cancer
Family Cancer Syndromes
- Cigarette Smoking
- Second hand Smoke
- Chewing tobacco
- Radiation Exposure and Cancer Risk
- Radiation Exposure and Cancer Risk X-rays
- Gamma Rays
- Gamma Rays,and Cancer RiskUltraviolet (UV) RadiationMicrowaves
- Radio Waves and Other Types of Radiofrequency RadiationCellular PhonesCellular Phone TowersPower Lines
- Electrical Devices
- and Extremely Low Frequency RadiationPollution
Treatment of cancer may take several form Surgery, radiation therapy and chemotherapy-often in combination depending on your needs.>
Surgery is the most common treatment for cancers that are small, slow growing and have neither invaded nearby tissue nor metastasized (spread).
Chemotherapy (treatment with anticancer drug) is available to physicians in treating lung cancer. Anticancer drugs kill cancer cells because the drugs can act on normal cells as well as cancerous ones.
The surgical removal of small amount of tissue and its examination under a microscope is known as a biopsy.
Diet and Physical Activity
- Get to and stay at a healthy weight throughout life.
- Be physically active on a regular basis.
- Make healthy food choices with a focus on plant-based foods.